SELECTING THE RIGHT HOME CARE AGENCY
Learning as much as possible about a prospective agency is the best way to determine which agency is most appropriate for you or a loved one. As you research potential providers, your doctor, friends and family may be able to suggest agencies that they have worked with or used in the past.
Once you have the names of several agencies, you will want to learn as much as possible about the services they provide and their reputation. The following are some questions you should ask home health providers:
* How long has the agency been serving the local community?
* Is the agency certified by Medicare?
* Is the agency accredited?
* Is the agency licensed by the state? By what organizations?
* What are the agency's employee selection and training policies?
* Does the agency assign supervisors to oversee the quality of care patients receive in their homes?
* Does the agency have continuing education requirements for their employees?
* How did the agency perform on their last state survey?
The following criteria determine if you or a loved one may be eligible to receive home health care under Medicare:
* The individual must require intermittent skilled nursing care, physical therapy or speech therapy.
* The individual must be homebound.
* The individual must be currently under the care of a physician. All home health services must be ordered by a physician.
Selecting The Right Home Care Agency
We appreciate your interest in Academy Heath Services, Inc. We enjoy sharing our patients story with you and hope that you will contact us to see how we can be of help to you, or one of your loved ones.
Acme Health Services, Inc.
6302 Rucker Road, Suite J
indianapolis, IN 46220
Toll Free: 800-729-3545